Without even realizing it, and no warning from anyone else in the house, we were down to a single slice of no-knead bread left this morning. With no chance of baking another loaf until tomorrow, and some omelets being requested for supper, I needed to put something together. The recipe is so simple with most of the work taking up a few minutes at most, but the results are great. Plus, we now have bread to toast for supper.
2 cups ap flour + more for dusting
1 cup water
1/2 tbl salt
1/2 tbl dry active yeast
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Cover with saran wrap.
- Let rise until double (2-3 hours)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Shape dough into boule or batard
- Place on flour or cornmeal dusted tray
- Let rise 40-60 minutes
- Slide bread onto pizza stone
- Bake 30 minutes
- Dig in!