Monday, March 2, 2009

good morning yogurt

I'm definitely a breakfast person. I don't think I could leave the house, knowing I wouldn't be returning soon, without making a balanced meal. Some people can get by with a cup of coffee, glass of OJ, or a single slice of bread while rushing out the door...not me. While I usually whip up a smoothie to start my day, I haven't felt the desire to have a frozen beverage with the cold weather these last few days. So on this day, it was simple.


175 grams yogurt
30 grams fiber1
150 grams gala apple (one medium)
10 grams of protein
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Finely chop/dice the apple before combing all the ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy the day.

6 comments:

I Love Food Blog said...

Looks great. I feel like making a fruit, yogurt and granola parfait right now!

Court said...

I'm also a yogurt in the morning kind of gal.

Chris said...

Anyone have a favorite flavour of yogurt?

Isabelle said...

I just started eating a great local yogourt I found at Planet Organic. It's delicious, but I forget the brand at this moment. I know it's from an Alberta dairy and it's not Bles-Wold. I usually like plain yogourt so I can mix it with whatever I want, but I also have a weakness for Liberty Mediterranean yogourt. It's almost more like dessert than breakfast though.

Chris said...

Hmmm. I'll have to swing in there and check out the yogurt selection a little deeper. I usually get my yogurt elsewhere, and the only dairy I get from Planet is usually a tub of Kefir.

I totally agree about the Mediterranean; it makes a great dessert.

Sarah said...

Bles-Wold vanilla is my favourite, but at $4.99 for a large tub. It's a bit of a luxury item these days...

Post a Comment