Friday, May 1, 2009

april showers bring may flowers

I've been trying to figure out what I can attempt with my first ever garden, so yesterday I headed over to a local greenhouse and ended up finding myself in a mini oasis. I think the heat and humidity were a perfect cure for the chill in the air, and made for a very peaceful afternoon.

I have mentioned before my lack of photography skills, but I hope you get an idea of how great it was.


I discovered some hanging tomato plants that were already blooming, and I'm definitely going to head back and pick one up.


They also had a great supply of herbs; something I'm always kicking myself for paying such high prices at the grocery store.




Hopefully you will be able to get out and smell the flowers soon enough!

6 comments:

KimHo said...

(Said with the same intonation as Borat but without the same intent): Nice!

Sarah said...

Flowers! Can't wait to see them outside of a greenhouse next week! :)

Chris said...

Thanks. Flowers are one of natures wonders.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Makes me angry we won't have a garden this summer (landscaping).

Chris said...

This may sound funny, but I've always appreciated the beauty in our world, but never so much in the last few years and it makes me very excited to plant something. So, in some newbie way, I feel your pain Cheryl. What kind of landscaping do you have set up?

Court said...

Yay for gardening! Brooke and I are expanding our gardens this year. Greenhouses and book stores are just the kind of places that I could happily spend all day at!

Post a Comment