I think it's actually starting to warm up in Edmonton. So my fingers are crossed for double digit temperatures at night. I've also been conquering BBA Challenge at an unbelievable rate. I think the lack of work is helping this along, but I may need to slow down...or keep feeding my friends with loads of goodies.
- It seems Sage's executive chef, David Cruz, up and left last week. It sounds like he plans to stick around Edmonton though and make a crack at something else. I've never dined at Sage, but can't help think this creates a big set of shoes to fill.
- I have to say, there was an interesting conversation here about food bloggers and restaurants who try and entice them with 'freebies', for a lack of better words.
- Nice to see some manufacturers going back to natural dyes instead of petroleum based versions. Although this statement, "Mom always said vegetables are good for you but didn't know why," said Paul Verderber, juice division manager of Grimmway. "The colors are causing the goodness."" makes me laugh.
- Didn't know Zagat reviewed fast food restaurants, but this week they published the healthiest fast food restaurants.
- Oh great, higher ethanol blends - "12 to 15 percent blends would push up the amount of land needed to grow corn to at least 100 million acres by about 2010 to 2015".
- "Can you ever eat too much fried chicken?" Why not try and make your way through 30 restaurants in one day. If you can eat at 12, you will become a Great Chicken Fry-Off judge.
Apparently if you look on the back of your Wendy's receipt, it should say, " Tell us about this visit and we’ll give you a free Single hamburger * Offer valid for 14 days after survey completion.". So more freeish food for you hungry Canucks.
- I figured with the cool temperatures last week, I would throw some snow (flour) on one of my breads. Yes there is bread under that toasted marshmallow-like shell!