Tuesday, August 4, 2009

granola

With my father hitting the road for a trip I decided to make him a homemade snack. I figured it would be a healthier option than indulging on gas station crap the whole time. I mean who am I kidding, I know he'll stop in for treats, but hopefully not as many.

Granola is super easy to put together and way cheaper than the store bought options. I mixed together 3 cups of oats, 1 cup of chopped up almonds, 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut, 1/4 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of maple syrup and a dash of salt. Everything was dropped into a cookie pan, and placed in a 350 degree oven. I tossed and stirred every 10 minutes until it was nice and golden brown; 40 minutes. Once out of the oven, I added 1/4 cup of flame raisins and 1/4 cup of medjool dates.

After it was cooled, I transferred this pile of golden brown deliciousness in an air tight container for the trip. Simple, quick, and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment