Sunday, August 30, 2009

pizza by request

Being the head baker and chef at the homestead, I'm often asked to make supper. Pizza was on the menu by request, which is fine by me as I get to practice my tossing skills. With the oven heating the house up with all of its 550 degrees of pizza making capabilities, the weather played nice and we had a gorgeous evening to dine al fresco (wait, did I use that term right?)

Like all my pizza now, the dough was from Peter Reinhart. Toppings included roasted chicken, caramelized onions, fresh mushroom and orange pepper, with my garden basil and oregano. It was then topped with one of those 3 cheese store blends. In and out in 5 minutes, this adds to my argument; there is a big difference between 'fast food' and 'food that's fast'.

I saved you a slice. ;)

5 comments:

H.Peter said...

A slice.......we want a whole pie!

looks really good.

Kristilyn said...

Yum! My husband and I love making homemade pizza ... it always tastes so much better than anything else. :-)

K

Chris said...

Hey H.Peter, I'm still dreaming about your wood fired oven experience!

Agreed Kristilyn, so much better.

Sarah said...

So...uh...where's my slice? Seriously. I'll make the old man laugh. I'll help you in the kitchen. And I could bring some lime beer. ;) When do I get my invite?!!!

ATigerInTheKitchen said...

What lovely looking pizza! I can't wait to try this recipe. Love the toppings you picked.

Post a Comment