Tuesday, October 27, 2009

chocolate chip squash bread

Finally, I can clean out my containers of squash puree. With just under 15 ounces left, the amount found in a store bough container, I decided to try yet another quick bread. This time, I included chocolate chips for that extra bit of gooey goodness.

The end result was good. Surprisingly, even with a cup and a half of sugar, it wasn't extremely sweet. Better than a recent store bought sample, I thought it also had quite the rustic look for a quick bread. If I baked this again, I would leave out the chips and maybe add nuts instead.

The List:
15ozs pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (room temp)
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugar together before adding in the rest of the wet ingredients. Sift the dry ingredients together and mix until you see little specks of flour left. Remember, this is quick bread, so we don't to over work the batter. Finally fold in the chips and scoop everything into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour, or until a tooth pick is clean when inserted.

No comments:

Post a Comment