Thursday, January 29, 2009

the start

As a daily visitor to many food and blog sites, I've decided to jump on the wagon and put some roots down online. I hope to show a bit of my passion for the food world in this, my first ever blog, while offering an intriguing place to visit once in a while.

the name - eating is the hard part - might seem funny for a guy deeply in love with food, but that is the irony of my own personal journey. My love of all things edible has me around delicious and not always healthy food options through the day. I'm a nibbler, a food picker if you will, and come from a family that would eat every meal in under 10 minutes. Growing up in this sort of environment left me with no natural off switch; but after living and volunteering in Guatemala in 2007, I discovered what a truly Western diet does and made a personal commitment to eat and live in a better way. See, eating is the easy part, especially because I love to cook and food is plentiful here. So my goal - eat slower, eat better, eat less of everything while making it wholesome and colorful.

5 comments:

I Love Food Blog said...

I look forward to reading your postings.

Chris said...

Thanks for stopping by, your site is one of my daily food inspirations.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! Can't wait to see what you write next.

Chris said...

Thanks for the kind words bruleeblog.

Anonymous said...

Eat slower and eat better, who would have thunkit? That is a great way to live by. I will be reading your blog for new cooking ideas for sure.

Post a Comment