Saturday, August 8, 2009

apple tart

I was out and about for supper this past Saturday, when I realized I was supposed to be at a house party. Things wouldn't be so bad, but everyone was bringing food and I'd forgotten all about what I was taking. With dessert being a fairly quick and almost fail safe option, I figured something sweet would be perfect as most guests would have eaten by this point.

Remembering a simple and quick apple tart recipe I've been meaning to try, I utilized some puff pastry in the fridge and before you know it, Voila! I cored and sliced 2 apples (a golden delicious and a pink lady) and mixed them with the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. I let this mingle for a few minutes while I prepped the puff pasty. Lining everything up in the center, I popped it into the oven and 20 minutes later, it was done. I garnished it with some icing sugar as I left the door.

It was a huge success and while I sliced it crosswise into 12-15 pieces, only a few of the 50 guests were able to get it. All the edible treats were being judged by a secret panel (for a whimsical prize), and I overheard I lost points for bringing something so good without enough. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment