Thursday, February 12, 2009

roasted garlic


Roasted garlic is so easy and delicious that I try and roast off a few heads on a regular basis. Today was one of those days as I had just bought a massive sack from Superstore for $1.25. Really how can you turn a deal like that. Try it fresh from the oven using a fork or your fingers if you are daring, to push the garlic out and eat it straight up, spread on crackers or bread. Mash it up before you cool it down and use it like a dip for fresh vegetables, incorporate it into pasta or pizza sauces, or make the best garlic bread around.

10 heads of garlic
salt/pepper
extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Peal and discard any of the loose outer shell from the garlic
Cut the top (say 14%) off the head of garlic.
Place in cut side up on a sheet of aluminum foil.
Top with oil, salt, and pepper.
Wrap up foil package nice and tight.
Place in a baking dish and set the timer for approximately 50 minutes.
Let cool, or if you are foolish like me, indulge fresh and hot!

The garlic takes on a great taste, none of the bite you get from raw garlic so don't worry. Also, I suggest playing with different spices and you will never look at garlic the same.

2 comments:

test it comm said...

Roasted garlic is so good!

Sarah said...

I routinely burn my fingers on fresh roasted garlic, cause I just can't wait. Good plan. I've got some oldish ciabatta to use up - garlic bread!

Post a Comment