Another week and here we are in March! Spring is only a few weeks away so don't forget about Day Light Savings.
- More recalls but still plenty of food left to eat - "nearly 2,200 items made by more than 250 companies have been pulled in the outbreak, which has sickened 666 nationwide, including 13 in Oregon, and been linked to nine deaths". Another day and more food troubles. I know I'm not the only person who likes knowing where their food comes from, but how much bigger are these recalls going to get?
- Health Magazine did a study of America's Top 10 Heathiest Fast Food Restaurants. They "...scored the chains on such factors as the use of healthy fats and preparations, healthy sodium counts in entrées, availability of nutritional information, and the use of organic produce to determine the 10 highest-ranking restaurants." No real luck for use up north other than McDonald's at 8 and Taco Del Mar at 10.
- Looks like gourmet cooking magazines are finally reflecting the budget/monetary problems becoming prevalent and offering options and ideas that don't include "...haute pub food, exotic fruits like yuzu, and restaurants that dehydrated, foamed and froze everything from meat to dessert."
- I never realized that amount of money (nearly $500,000) that could be used "...in joint funding on marketing Atlantic Canadian lobster."
- Sex > Food? A very interesting idea about how far we have come with regards to "...mindful eating and mindless sex."
- Anthony Bourdain hit up some local Manhattan establishments last week. I enjoy these collage type shows quite a lot as it allows him to entertain different dishes without extensive travel and really showcase a city. Plus I think we all have a soft spot for long term, never changing, classic shops.
- Sharon (Only Here for the Food) blogged about a 25 Best Things to Eat in Edmonton list that made its way into the new edition of Avenue. These are great articles and can give you an incentive to try a new spot...good to note they say it's just the tip of the iceberg, as I think a few things are missing.
- 2 Hours of 24. Oh Me Oh My. Jack continues to show dedication to his job. I wish at times people "enjoyed" their job as much as he does.
March 4th - Poundcake Day
March 6th - Frozen Food Day (Actually all of March is Frozen Food Month)
March 9th - Carling Day (time to get your drink on and just claim you are from Scotland)