I was amazed to see tomorrows vegetarian lunch option at my work (on the staff side) is battered fish...when did that become a vegetarian option. Anyways..on with the show!
- It's a free food throw down in the US. With KFC giving away a free piece of their new grilled chicken today, El Pollo Loco is upping the ante by offering TWO pieces of chicken, two tortillas, and salsa. What a great battle for chicken fans to partake in.
- I made mention last week that Liane Faulder was writing an article "Edmonton's best sammies" for our local paper. I was surprised to see a mention of Teddy's. While I've enjoyed my share of Po' boys at Dadeo's and the previously mentioned banh mi at Van Loc, I've never even stepped into Teddy's or had any one recommend it. I'll have to make a mental note.
- "Sushi for tots? Dad shares how to raise a foodie" - this kind of weirds me out; am I alone? It's like those golf crazed parents who want the next Tiger Woods.
- I wonder what the vegetarian 'ready to eat meals', from the US Department of Defense, taste like and where can I order one?
- "He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels". I've always enjoyed Dos Equis beer and their new advertisements are hilarious if not reminiscent of Chuck Norris slogans. I love the finishing line, "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis".
- Stopped in at Careit Urban Deli on 142st this week. The space is small, with the counter side dominated by display coolers and the other a few open style coolers. You can pick up, meat (both deli and fresh), salads, prepackaged dishes, and a selection of jams and jellies. It didn't seem that spectacular, and only stopping in because I was in the neighborhood, I didn't see any reason for myself to make this a destination from the south side.
- I ended up way up on the North side of Edmonton this past week, so I stopped in and saw Wild Ocean (IMAX) at the Telus World of Science. Some of the scenes are just amazing, and on huge screen it's unreal. Highly recommended.
- Now go get your ice cream fix at Baskin Robins with scoops of both soft and hard serve ice cream just 31 pennies....You'll have to limit yourself to 3 scoops though.