Wednesday, May 27, 2009

the week that was and is - may 27th, 2009

I don't really know where to begin with the weather situation. We had hail, snow, rain, and finally some sunshine. I hope it's finally summertime! Cue the DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince CD.

  • I didn't realize that the President is 25. Loblaws' sure hit on something back in the day and they keep branching out every time I stop in Superstore.
  • While I've never had the luxury of eating a Choco Taco, I'm sure it would be good and fall under - timeless summer treats.
  • And who thought a McNugget was really chicken.
  • "When food is free, logic is discarded like a Vienna sausageless toothpick". Interesting thoughts about all the free food handed out lately by restaurants and chains.
  • Finally, to finish on more free stuff; Orange Julius is giving away 20oz light smoothies on June 19th.
Laurel's whole wheat raisin bread - my new favorite whole wheat raisin bread recipe.

2 comments:

KimHo said...

Re: despite the bad rap given to Superstore/Loblaws, I actually like some of their products, specially when you find out that other brand names are not any different/better in any way.

Re: MeMe Roth, while what she says have a lot of truth in it, I don't think that being at the other extrem is good either.

Re: Pork, (sarcasm alert!) until you have tasted a good piece of pork, you don't know what sin is!

Re: Free food, I guess that is part of the reason why in the future I will choose not to go to some events (like EAT! Vancouver last week)... However, if I am already dining and I am given a "free" comp... ^_^

Maki said...

I like Superstore, they bring me food just like every other supermarket. Why does it have a bad rap? It's Canadian... we should be happy!

That whole wheat raisin bread looks fantastic.

Post a Comment