Tuesday, September 29, 2009

starbucks via coffee

I stopped in to see my friend and barista extraordinaire, Sarah, yesterday. It feels like ages since I've had the shot of java courtesy of the crew at the South Point location, so it was nice to catch up. As we chatted about life, Sarah mentioned that today is the big launch of Starbucks new instant coffee, VIA.

To celebrate they are running a little in-store promotion. From Oct 2nd to 5th, you can hit up your favorite location and take the VIA Challenge. I take it from our discussion, you will be able to run a 'taste test' between VIA and their regular brewed coffee. You will also get a $1 off coupon towards your first purchase of Via. Which Sarah tells me, comes in 3 or 12 packs.

I've tried both varieties, Colombian and Italian, and they are pretty darn good. I didn't think about it until our conversation, but as a baker these instant packets will be handy to have around for more than one reason. If you aren't a baker and you want to change up your regular hot coffee, why not mix your VIA with cold water, cold milk, or hot milk for something different. Let me know if you try it.

6 comments:

H.Peter said...

Starbucks. Love them or don't, they paved the way for the current popularity of coffee culture.

I like your observation about those packages coming in handy for other things than drinking

Sarah said...

Hahah. YOUR observation. :) Chris, I love you to bits, it's always a pleasure to have you in store. And we even have some Sbux recipes to share. I am delighted to be doing my store manager interview tasting with the Italian roast and appropriate pairing - I'm thinking coffee cheesecake squares. Will let you know how it goes. :)

Chris said...

Well said H.Peter.

Do let me know Sarah. Heck I'll bake something with VIA and drop it off.

Sherman Chan said...

Hmmm, this seems interesting. I was skeptical; but it seems quite a few people like it. Now it makes me want to try it out.

Chris said...

If you try it Sherman, let me know what you think. Heck, I can even send you a few packets in mail if you like.

Sherman Chan said...

LOL, it's okay Chris, you know I would like to visit a Starbucks location just as an excuse to take some pictures...

Post a Comment