Merry Christmas everyone. I know it's a couple of days early, but this update will obviously be the last one before the eventful night. I hope everyone stays safe and warm. Don't forget to leave a cookie or two out for Santa, because really, he never goes on a diet and doesn't need those low-fat wafers.
- As a bread making man, I'm a little sad that Treestone Bakery has been sold. The plus side of things though, is that we may get our first taste of proper Montreal bagels...but will they be kosher?
- Sharon (Only Here for the Food) recently attended a twitter based food night. A great way to combine technology and hungry stomachs.
- It looks like Kai Asian Grill has made the news with their Naked Geisha sushi nights. I for one, as a big fan of sushi, can think of better ways (and places) to eat my raw fish.
- "Want an easy way to sum up how Americans ate during the first 10 years of the new century? Three words should do it - Sushi at 7-Eleven"
- While I'm talking about sushi. It's headed to space for the first time thanks to a Japanese astronaut.
- Jaime Oliver wins the $100,000 TED prize for 2010.
- The cutest gingerbread houses around!
- Finally, never say it doesn't pay to enter those silly draw boxes. Especially at liquor stores around Christmas. Thanks to Sobeys liquor store, the homestead received this lovely Gran Marnier gift basket. Included were two glass, a bottle of grand Marnier, and a bottle Navan, which my friends is deadly good.