Tuesday, February 24, 2009

pressed peanut butter sandwich


This may seem ridiculous to some, but I swear it was good. After a busy Sunday morning of cleaning, I didn't feel like making anything overly time consuming for lunch. Hence this creation. I took the last section of homemade bread, sliced it half, spread on some peanut butter and slapped it in the George Foreman Grill. I let it toast while I sliced an apple, and before you know it I had a nicely warmed/pressed peanut butter sandwich. A little like morning toast, a little like a lunch sandwich, but 100% delicious.

*the little white section is excess flour used for dusting during the shaping that decided to stay along for the baking. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is an awesome idea. You get the comfort of grilled cheese with the delicious of peanut butter!

Chris said...

I'm glad to not be the only one who can appreciate such a simple attempt at lunch. You hit the nail on the head with your comparison!

Thanks for stopping by..I personally love monkey bread and your post was wonderful.

Sarah said...

Pssst, don't tell anyone. But I live off of peanut butter. I love the stuff. Warm. Cold. Or topped with brown sugar. My secret vice. Sweet Jesus - don't tell, just try it!

Chris said...

I love finding out about PB love. Such a great bread topper!

test it comm said...

I like it when the pb melts in a pb&j.

Post a Comment