Saturday, April 25, 2009

grilled vegetable sandwich on home made bread

I had a few peppers and a zucchini to use up in the fridge, so I figured it was a prime opportunity to make a roasted veggie sandwich. I let the pepper sit atop the gas stove until it was black, before placing in a plastic bag to steam for 20 minutes. Mean while, I grilled off the zucchini and an onion for good measure. After the pepper cooled, I peeled the skin off and started putting my sandwich together. One slice of bread received some olive tapenade, while the other got mayo and mustard. In between went the pepper, zucchini, onion and two slices of tomato. I then placed the sandwich in the george foreman to toast up the outside. What an amazing sandwich, and this black toasted sesame whole wheat bread is my new favorite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum. Grilled vegetable sandwiches are my staple order for lunch in restaurants. They are always good, unless you sneak something like green peppers in them...

I Love Food Blog said...

Yummy! Sandwich looks great.

Chris said...

Haha, is it the lack of sweetness that makes those green peppers evil apostrophesuz?

Thanks ILFB, Isn't it great how vegetables change flavor with a little heat.

Post a Comment