Sunday, May 10, 2009

lamb souvlaki - dish one

When Liane Faulder mentioned on her blog about a good supply of Alberta Lamb, I knew I would stop by and check it out. I find it odd that we have such a steady supply of New Zealand lamb here, but struggle to find our very own. We have such pride in Alberta for our beef, but where is the lamb loving. But I digress. I picked up two pounds of cubed lamb and started looking for some recipes. I found a great tagine style dish here, but after some tireless searching I gave up. I just couldn't find harissa. So in my slumber, I clicked the lamb tag attached to the post and discovered a nice sized collection of lamb dishes over at Closet Kitchen.

Deciding to try two separate meals, who eats two pounds of souvlaki....a man can only eat so much. Dish one was a simple matter of mixing the lamb with the zest and juice of one lemon, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. I let it sit together for an evening to mingle and then fired it on the grill. The dish couldn't be simpler and tasted great right off the skewer as well as a salad topper! A definite keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment