NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, UEFA Semi's, and other random things made this a busy week, plus it finally feels like spring and that means more time outdoors.
- I noticed a few days back that Fuss Cupcakes had a new banner, outside their Whyte Ave store, announcing today as their official opening. Maybe we need to have a cupcake throw down.
- Starbucks launched their breakfast sandwiches in town yesterday. Being lucky enough to have a great (barista) friend, I was given the opportunity to taste test these treats a long time ago...too bad it never worked out and I'm just getting to them like everyone else :(
- Liane Faulder reported that Culina is having a writing contest, with the winners receiving a dinner for two.
- A recent topic on Chowhound was all about finding the best grandma style perogies in town and I didn't realize there was so many brands. I'm going to have to find some St. Micheal's Extendicare perogies, as apparently these are the ones served at Culina.
- James Beard award winners were announced recently; I'm a big fan of this particular distinction and have really enjoyed their cookbook selections over the years.
- Baby food 'more fatty than burgers' - oh yeah, nothing like starting them of right!
- What would Brian Boitano cook! Chocolate salty balls? I can't believe this is real.
- As a big fan of sudoku, I can't help but laugh at this pasta version
- "Welcome to the fast-food value war, a battleground where $3, $4 or $5 will buy a hungry consumer a double burger, fries and drink combo, or a pesto turkey sub, a grilled chicken burrito or more tacos than anyone but a teen boy could consume." Gotta love the fast food industry in the U.S.
- Speaking about fast food. Burger King is on the lock down and using it's king sized muscle to advertise in three major blockbusters - GI. Joe, Star Trek, and Transformers.
- If only playing with your food could be this fun all the time.
Nothing says warm weather like BBQ - Chicken and Veggie Skewers this past week.