Sunday, September 13, 2009

banana peanut butter chocolate chip bread

So it's been a few weeks since my last attempt at banana bread. During this time, the homestead picked up a few different flavours of chocolate chips. So with two giant bananas turning a nice rich black, I figured I would bake up some treats by combining the two.

My banana bread recipe collection is getting a little out of hand I think, but it's only because I'm willing to give every delicious looking recipe a try. In this case, as I was going to be using REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips, I check out the Hershey's recipe database online. Lo and behold, they did have a chocolate chip banana bread recipe. With this new recipe in hand, I subbed in my PB chips for the regular chocolate and whipped everything together.

I could tell this was going to be good from the start. After pulling the bread from the loaf pan, I disappeared for, oh lets say 20 minutes, only to come back and see 1/4 of the loaf missing! Where did it go? Was it magic? Nope..into the belly of a certain homesteader! So without the opportunity to take any good photo's, I sliced what I imagined would be my only piece. The PB chips make a wonderful addition to a tasty banana bread. The only side, is that the chips make the whole package quite sweet. But, with a soft interior and a great crust, I may just check out what other recipes Hershey's has lying around.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is how I should be reading all of your blog posts - with a sample in hand. ;) Delish! I totally agree, the PB chips make it a little sweet - but after a week of P90X, I think I can indulge. Thanks friend. :)

Court said...

This sounds so good to me!

Post a Comment