Friday, February 20, 2009

crab salad sandwich

I was digging through the pantry for a can of tuna when I came across a 4 pack of canned crab meat. It made me think (a) how old are these cans, and (b) I don't think I've ever had one of these cans. So a new idea emerged and I decided to mix up a crab salad sandwich with more of my homemade bread.



It turned out pretty good. I was surprised to see the the meat was wrapped with a ring of parchment style paper and the guaranteed 17% leg meat was sitting nicely on top of the pile. After squeezing the can to get all the water out I realized it packs down a lot more than a can of tuna normally does - maybe tuna is more dense? I mixed the crab meat with a mixture of mayo, mustard, green onion, salt, and pepper before adding it to a few slices of tomato and lettuce. I also chopped up some carrots and cauliflower to finish the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment